Monday, August 28, 2006

Soak Me...


This summer has been unusually hot and dry around the Dallas area. It has gotten so bad that we are under mandatory water restrictions. We are only allowed to water our yards on Wednesday nights. Needless to say, our once gorgeous tree filled, green grass, wild flower area now looks like it is going to spontaneously combust at any moment. So imagine how happy we were to see rain in the forecast...and even MORE ecstatic to see the rain last night.



It rained good and hard last night. After the rain Mojo and I went for a walk. (I adore my dogs but they are two big dogs and if they see a squirrel I am toast...that is why only one got to go) It was lovely, though a little sticky. There is more rain on the way and I think I may go dance in it. My mom told me it only counts if I dance naked. So I guess I will stick to the backyard.