Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Knock Knock...


I don't understand why it is so hard for people to pick up a phone and call before coming over. I am not talking about friends or family(though they should call too). I am talking about all the other people that you have to deal with.
For the past 2 years I have been tracked by the Census Bureau. They randomly picked me and every few months the contact me to update some information etc. The old lady that is in charge of my area NEVER calls and just shows up. (I will post another time about hiding from her)
My landlord is having some work done around our house. We have a large sycamore tree that died before we moved in that is in danger of falling if there is a large enough storm (on our neighbor's roof more than likely). The guy that is supposed to come look at it just showed up even though he wasn't supposed to until in the morning.
I have three kids people. It is not always convenient for me to answer the door. Furthermore, since it is such a huge pet peeve of mine, there is a chance I am going to ignore the door until you call. Also, when home alone with three kids I make it a practice to not answer the door to people I do not know. It is called safety. OK, off my rant now...oh crap the doorbell.