We are home from Lubbock. The lack of posts is due to my computer crashing while I was gone. Jason nhas it up and going, but we are still working onh retrieving files. JOY! We nhave a laptop as well, but I don't like posting on it. I will be back to posting soon!
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Saturday, June 24, 2006
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
The boys continue their fun trip in Lubbock. The baby in the picture is my nephew, Cason. Chase and I will be joining in on the fun tomorrow. We will be driving to Lubbock....pray that Chase does well on his first road trip (5 1/2 hours, plus nursing stops). I can't wait to get my hands on my two big boys again. I have missed them so much. I also can't wait to get my hands on that nephew of mine....is he not a doll?
Posted by LaShawn at 10:21 PM
Sunday, June 18, 2006
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. Today I get to thank the two greatest dads I know...
My Dad is the best, most kind hearted, hilarious, caring person I know. Even in the times that I have disappointed him and let him down he has still been there to help me put the pieces back together. He is the best Daddy in the world.
My husband....well, I have no words for how lucky I am to have him as a partner to raise our three boys with. He didn't have to be a father to Austin and Brodie and yet he chose to be. Now, with Chase is growing into the Daddy role in a whole new way. All four of us (Austin, Brodie, Chase, and me) are insanely grateful for the blessing that is Jason.
Posted by LaShawn at 8:00 PM
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Chase and I took a short road trip today. We went to Justin to visit Chase's new girlfriend. Meet Miss Shayden. Isn't she beautiful? She is 5 days old and a petite little thing (6lbs 8oz at birth). As you can see my big boy dwarfs her. Shana (Mommy) is doing good, healing after her C-section.
Chase and I will be taking a real roadtrip next week. We will be going to Lubbock to visit and to pick up my big boys. OH HOW I MISS THEM! I am excited because my dad has not gotten to see Chase yet. Saturday is also my baby shower in Lubbock....WOOHOO!
I must go now, Chase has started to "fight" Daddy and I think it may be time for some nursing then hopefully he will nod off.
Posted by LaShawn at 7:09 PM
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Saturday, June 10, 2006
I am really starting to miss Austin and Brodie. Don't get me wrong, I have been missing them since they left, it is just getting to an intense state now. Our house is much too quiet. I need some Austin and Brodie lovin'. Jason and I have enjoyed having some time with Chase to get settled in. And I know the boys are LOVING seeing their grandparents and all the rest of the family. That being said, their Mommy misses them terribly. The cats are even starting to miss them. We have had their bedroom door closed since they left. Today Cloe (devil cat) was clawing that their door and trying to look under it. I opened the door for her and BOTH cats bolted in there. They have since been sleeping on the bottom bunk of the bunkbeds. The dogs have been little attention hounds since the boys left. The boys are the ones that play with them outside most of the time.
Jason and I did some shopping today. Chase is a good shopper. He sleeps in his carseat in the stroller most of them time. He wakes up to eat and then is content to have Daddy tote him around. I pumped some milk today to start trying to get Chase to take a bottle on occasion. This is mostly so that when we go to the coast on vacation I am not totally attached to him and my mom can keep him some. I went to the store and Jason was left with Chase and a bottle. Little did we know that Chase does not care if it is Mom or the bottle as long as it is breastmilk. He gulped down all 6 oz in no time flat. Good to know! Now Mom can on occasion get some alone time. I still don't want him to have the bottle very often, but it is nice to have the option. Once I got back home from the store he wanted a little extra nursing time...he needed to make sure Mom was really back.
I have to say CONGRATS to Brad and Shana. Their new baby girl, Shayden Starr, was born yesterday morning. She was tiny little thing...weighing 6 lbs 8 oz. Big brother, Bishop, I know is so proud of his new sister. I will come see you soon Shana!!! Can't wait to meet Chase's new girlfriend :-) Love you guys!
Posted by LaShawn at 8:23 PM
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Do not let this adorable face fool you. Behind this face is so much gas you could launch a hot air balloon. For some reason Chase is a gassy dude. During the day it isn't too bad. I can usually burp most of it out of him (he gets rid of the rest via the southern route). Evenings are a different story. Every evening for a few hours Chase and I "fight". He is fussy and gassy and nothing seems to work. Then like magic, he conks out suddenly. It isn't too bad, but I never dealt with this with my older two so I am not real good at figuring out what to do for him yet. That being said, he is such a good baby otherwise. Once we are done "fighting" every night he sleeps really well, waking only to eat. I have been around some babies that cry a lot and are just hard to deal with...Chase is not one of them. After doing some reading we have pretty much come to the conclusion that it is just immature digestive system issues. Poor guy...I would be fussy if I were that gassy too.
Posted by LaShawn at 9:09 PM
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
As you can see the boys are having a blast in Lubbock at Grandma and PaPa's. They sent me an email yesterday. Mom had them record a message for Jason and I. So sweet. Now I can just play their voices all the time. Chase really lit up when he heard them (he is only 3 weeks old, but he recongnizes a few voices). Jason and I really miss them. It is much too quiet around here!! (even with the rest of the zoo still here)
Posted by LaShawn at 8:24 AM
Monday, June 05, 2006
I got this from an email....it is so true and made me laugh!!
DRIVING IN DALLAS
First you must learn to pronounce the city name. It is DAL-US, not DAL-ISS.
Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. Dallas has its own version of traffic rules. . ..."Hold on and pray".
1. There is no such thing as a dangerous high-speed chase in Dallas. We all drive like that. All directions start with, "Get on Beltline". . . which has no beginning and no end.
2. The morning rush hour is from 6 to 10. The evening rush hour is from 3 to 7. Friday's rush hour starts Thursday morning.
3. If you actually stop at a yellow light, you will be rear ended, cussed out and possibly shot.
4. When you are the first one on the starting line, count to five when the light turns green before going to avoid crashing into all the drivers running the red light in cross-traffic.
5. Construction on Central Expressway is a way of life and a permanent form of entertainment. We had sooo much fun with that,! we have added George Bush Freeway and the High Five to the mix.
6. All unexplained sights are explained by the phrase, "Oh, we're in Fort Worth."
7. If someone actually has their turn signal on, it is probably a factory defect.
8. Car horns are actually "Road Rage" indicators.
9. All old ladies with blue hair in Mercedes have the right of way. PERIOD.
10. Inwood Road, Plano Road, NW Highway, East Grand, Garland Road, Marsh Lane, Josey Lane, 15th Street, Preston Road. . . all mysteriously change names as you cross intersections (these are only a FEW examples). The perfect example is what is MOSTLY known as Plano Road.On the South end it is known as Lake Highlands Drive, cross Northwest Highway and it becomes Plano Road, go about 8 miles and it is briefly Greenville Ave, Ave. K, and Highway 5. It ends in Sherman, TX.
11. If asking directions in Irving or SE Dallas, you must have knowledge of Spanish. If in central Richardson or! on Harry Hines, Mandarin Chinese will be your best bet. If you stop to ask directions on Gaston or Live Oak, you better be armed.
12. A trip across town (east to west) will take a minimum of four hours, although many north/south freeways have unposted minimum speeds of 75.
13. The minimum acceptable speed on the Dallas North Toll Road is 85.Anything less is considered downright sissy.
14. It is possible to be driving WEST in the NORTH-bound lane of EAST NORTHWEST Highway. Don't let this confuse you.
15. The North Dallas Toll Way is our daily version of NASCAR. It also ends in Sherman.
16. LBJ Freeway is called "The Death Trap" for two reasons: "death" and "trap".
17. If it's 100 degrees, Thanksgiving must be next weekend. if it's 10 degrees and sleeting/snowing, the Fort Worth Stock Show is going on. If it's rained 6 inches in the last hour, and it is Spring, the Byron Nelson Golf Classic is in the second round. If it is Fall, the Texas State Fair is going on.
18. If you go to the Fair, pay the $5.00 to park INSIDE Fair Park. Parking elsewhere could cost up to $2500 for damages, towing fees, parking tickets, etc. if some guy with a flag tries to get you to park in his 'yard', run over him.
19. All amusement parks, stadiums, arenas, race tracks, airports, etc., are conveniently located as far away from EVERYTHING as possible so as to allow for ample parking on grassy areas.
With these simple rules in mind, you are now ready to drive in Dallas.
Please try and keep up.
Posted by LaShawn at 11:56 AM
Friday, June 02, 2006
Chase and I have been keeping ourselves busy the last few days. I am already starting to miss Austin and Brodie. They may be brats, but they are mine. Anyway, Chase went in for his first checkup yesterday. MOST babies (especially breastfed ones) spend the first week of life losing about 10% of their body weight. Then by the end of the second week of life they are generally back to around their birth weight. The on going joke in my family is that I should sell my breastmilk on eBay. Why? Because I can fatten up a baby like no other. All three of my boys have so far followed this trend. Chase was 7 lbs 13 oz at birth. Yesterday at 19 days old he weighed 9 lbs 14 oz. Yup, two pound gain. The doctor was amazed. Given that he knows my oldest boys he knows that they end up skinny kids. Austin was nicknamed Buddha when he was a baby because he got chunky fast. Everything went fine with the checkup. Chase is obviously healthy and eating well. Dr. Bindra said he looked great!
My aunt treated me to a pedicure yesterday. HEAVEN! Pregnancy was not kind to my feet this go round. So it was nice to get them back to looking human. Next up is waxing the brows and doing the nails. Will be nice to feel put together again!!!
We are going to Jason's cousin's house for a BBQ tomorrow. They have yet to see the baby. We are of course all sad that Austin and Brodie will miss seeing everyone. Then Sunday we are taking Chase to church for the first time. He sleeps so much during the morning hours we figured we could at least go to class and show him off.
Sorry I have been so sparse in the posts. Chase is quite the demanding fellow of Mom's time! Not that I mind one bit. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.
Posted by LaShawn at 1:35 PM