The first picture was Evan at 1 day old. The second picture is at 3 weeks old (I promise he is not that pale...bad lighting).
I can chunk up some cheeks in a hurry on a baby.
I don't have much time to write, but I couldn't let Evan's 3 week birthday pass by without acknowledgement. He is such a good baby. And handsome too!
Friday, November 30, 2007
Posted by LaShawn at 1:45 PM
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
As I sat down to write this post I spilled an entire glass of chocolate milk in my lap and all over my desk. It has been that kind of day today...
This week had been going really well. With Austin and Brodie back in school after Thanksgiving break and Jason back at work full time, Chase, Evan and I were getting ourselves on a pretty good little schedule. I have been working on just figuring out how to make everything work. I have decided that adding a fourth child isn't hard...adding a baby when you have an 18 month old is. Up until today things have been going well.
Chase has thrown up today...several times. I will be shampooing the couch in the morning (and the carpet under my desk now). Even before the sickies hit I was having a hard time getting in a groove today. Everything just wasn't gelling together. Let's hope for a better day tomorrow.
As a side note: I took Evan in for his two week check up on Monday. I am continuing the grand tradition of being a super baby grower. Evan has gained two pounds in two weeks. Yes, I my milk is super milk!!!
Posted by LaShawn at 8:42 PM
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Sunday, November 18, 2007
We are just trying to find our rhythm and that isn't always easy. Things are going pretty well. Chase is having some adjustment issues, but nothing that won't be solved once this week is over and I can pick him up again and resume normal Mommy duties with him. We have had people in and out of the house of course. My mom has been here this whole time and has been an absolute angel. She is taking care of everything for me and allowing me to just be with the kiddos. My dad drove his Harley down this weekend and stayed with us to meet the newest addition. My grandmother is also in town visiting, though she has gotten ill and is at my aunt's house, she did get to meet Evan. My mom will be going home tomorrow after being gone almost two weeks. My in laws will be back for Thanksgiving. So as you can see, things will probably be quiet around here for the rest of the week as well. After this week I will be allowed to resume normal activities and hopefully we can start to resume some sort of schedule. Wish me luck :-)
Posted by LaShawn at 6:08 PM
Sunday, November 11, 2007
We are all settling in at home. It will obviously be a few weeks before any state of normalcy can be established, but so far so good. Our biggest issue is Chase not understanding why I can not pick him up.
I will keep everyone posted on the goings on as well as letting you all know when I have all the pictures put up...right now I am off to nap.
Posted by LaShawn at 11:38 AM
Friday, November 09, 2007
Thursday, November 08, 2007
Well....I am here at the hospital. No major contractions, but I am dilated to four so they are keeping me. They will break my water in the morning if it doesn't happen before then.
Right now they are about to give me an Ambien and I am off to dream land. SWEEEEET!
The next update should include details of Evan's arrival.
Night Night all!
Posted by LaShawn at 8:34 PM
It is dark in my house and cold (which I loooooooooove). Everyone is sleeping except for me. I have been having contractions for over 24 hours now, but they are not getting strong yet or regular for that matter. THIS is the annoying part of pregnancy...the waiting. My mom decided to go ahead and come on down so that I can relax just in knowing that she is here when the big event does happen. I hope I didn't call her down here for nothing. I keep getting the comment, "You would think with your fourth kid you would be more sure about what is going on". I realize this, BUT each of my pregnancies and deliveries have been VASTLY different. The funny thing is that Evan has dropped so low that I am having trouble keeping my pants pulled up. Quite funny given how big I am right now.
The plan for today is to walk, walk, walk, walk. Even if it doesn't produce anything, it sure beats sitting around wondering.
(Beckie, we have Internet at the hospital....there will be at the very least an announcement ASAP after the little one makes his arrival)
Posted by LaShawn at 5:29 AM
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Busy day, but I wanted to put up a little update.
Went to my doctor yesterday. I am still 2 cm dilated, but VERY soft. Evan's head is not floating any longer which is surprising since my last two babies did not engage until I was in full blown labor. So hopefully we are looking at having a baby anytime now. I hate this waiting part of pregnancy, but am doing my best to not get impatient.
That being said, I am going to go do some shopping and major walking to try to get some action started!!!
Posted by LaShawn at 8:38 AM
Sunday, November 04, 2007
It has been an interesting few days around here. I will sum up...
* As you can see, Chase shares my distaste for laundry. Afterall, why use the dryer for clothes when it is the perfect place to play with your toys.
* Speaking of Chase...he has a new found obsession with Spiderman. I was telling Jason this morning I think it is funny to see the difference big brothers make in kids. When Austin was little he stayed interested in things like Bear and the Big Blue House (I miss that show) and Blue's Clues well on until he was 3 years old. Brodie started to grow out of that kind of stuff earlier because Austin was moving on as well. Chase has skipped right over some of the little kid stuff. He goes straight for Spiderman and Spongebob cause he wants to be like his brothers.
* We had a plumbing incident on Friday. It was pretty gross. We have noticed since moving in this house since May that things get clogged easily (HI, I have all boys!). Well, this wasn't just a "Honey we need the plunger" moment. We had STANDING water in the showers and bathtub. It was so disgusting. It took Jason snaking the outside line to finally free it all. We also discovered that the people that lived here before us were hairy and nasty.
* The aforementioned incident resulted in much bleach and much Lysol being used. Hazmat was on standby.
* My energy level is officially in the toilet (HA TOILET!). I hope this means Evan is coming soon. Last night for about an hour it felt like he was literally trying to poke his way out. Fun stuff folks!
* I really wish I could figure out how to get Chase to sleep better. Seriously.
* Shana, you should be proud. I am starting my Christmas shopping today. AND IT ISN'T EVEN THANKSGIVING! However, decorating can not happen until the appropriate date!
* Jason's work threw him a surprise baby party Friday. We scored a big ass gift card to Target. What better store could there be?
* I was folding clothes yesterday and noticed how big Austin's clothes are compared to Chase's. It just isn't good for my emotions.
Posted by LaShawn at 8:32 AM