Tuesday, October 31, 2006

New Journeys

Tomorrow is a new month. With that new month will come a number of new journeys for me. I have decided to attempt to get my creative juices flowing again. I used to write much more than I do now (both in my blog and in private). I also used to be much more creative than I have been lately. Kids and life take time away and I am one of those people that often overlooks my own desires in order to take care of others. So a few things will start in November. As you can see from the link in my sidebar, I am going to participate in NaBloPoMo. It is a challenge to post everyday for a the month of November. I post several times a week, but I am challenging myself to post everyday...and on MOST days to post something decent. I want to improve as a writer. Even though my blog is about me and my life, it could be presented in a better fashion more often than not. I get lazy.

I am also going to start a photo challenge of sorts. A woman I greatly admire, Nicole, is a WONDERFUL photographer. She is participating in a project in which you take a self portrait of yourself everyday for a year. I got so caught up in reading her descriptions and looking at her photos I decided to do a modified version. Since I am not sure I can keep it up for a year, I am going to try it for the month of November. It is basically to inspire creativity and to give me a way to focus on giving a good description of what is going on with me daily....in my brain. I want to get back to the creative side of myself. If nothing else it will be something by me for me.

Let's see how it goes...