Friday, January 06, 2006

New year's Resolution

New Year's Resolutions are a funny thing to me. I have always held that they are just a way of setting ourselves up for failure; Much in the vain of, "I'll start that diet Monday". However, I know that for some people it is just a way of setting goals for themselves. Jason says, "You should constantly be setting goals for yourself. It shouldn't be a once a year thing." I do absolutely agree. I have been asked what my resolutions are. To be honest I don't know. In the past I have had all the same ones as most people: Get more organized (shut up Mom and Kree), workout more, get hold of the emotional eating complex...etc. I just don't feel like they ever motivate me to change anything. There is no accountability and really there is not real "want to" there when I set them merely because it is January 1.
That being said, I do have some things I would like to accomplish this year. First, of course, is to have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. This pregnancy has really kicked my butt and I know that it will be a challenge to not retreat into my bag of Doritos and such. Hey, emotional eating is what I do. I am not proud of it and it has caused me lots of issues in the past. So that is my goal.
Jason made the comment today that he can see a difference in me from when we met. In his words I am a lot more self confident and happy. He also thinks I look more attractive (he was quick to add...you were hot before) and he wants me to keep taking care of myself the way I have been. So that is my other goal...to continue to take care of me. Let's face it Jason helps with this. He spoils me....he helps SO much with the boys....he is just awesome even when I am aggravated at him (hormones). The stress level for me has gone down so much since being with him and that is why I suddenly (without other changes) started losing weight. I weigh less right now, at almost 6 months pregnant, than I did at our wedding. How crazy is that?
So here is to a happy healthy New Year for us all.