Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Should have been an 80's child...


This child is obsessed with hairspray. I can not explain this as hairspray is one of the few hair and body products that I am not fond of and rarely use. I have some for emergencies. Austin has taken over control of doing his hair for school. It has to pass my inspection, but I let him do it. We have always used gel on his hair. The poor child has the most obstinate cowlick. I noticed over the last few weeks that his hair has been getting increasingly "sticky" when he is done doing his hair. I finally figured out why. He decided to use hairspray on his wet hair instead of gel. Given that he is 7 and his arms aren't exactly long you can imagine how well distributed the hairspray is. The word globs comes to mind. I have banned him from hairspray and told him he must use gel. So imagine my surprise when I hear "sprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrshhhhhhhhhhhh" coming from my bathroom this morning.

Austin's defense of his use of hairspray: "I used gel first, Mom, but it just didn't make it shiny enough".

Yeah...