Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Confessions...


I would be a complete liar if I said that I wasn't nervous about adding this new baby to the mix. Not petrified nervous, but nervous nonetheless.

Most of my nerves just come from realizing that unlike when Chase was a baby I won't be able to really nap much with this baby. Chase is slowly showing signs that he is ready to move from two naps a day to one, which will only add to the challenge of finding time to rest. Not to mention that I worry about having enough time for Austin and Brodie. While I am a laid back mom and I know things will work into their own rhythm, I am just beginning to feel the nervousness of what the first few months hold. Chase is only going to be 18 months old when Evan is born. Chase has always been a pretty crazy child. You have to watch him like a hawk and he is very jealous of his Mommy's time. However, he is also a very sweet child and loves to look at babies when we are out and about. I am seriously considering buying him a baby doll so that he can take care of it while I am taking care of Evan. Just don't tell Jason.

That all being said....I can't wait!