Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Mirror Mirror

Ever since I took this picture I have had a song stuck in my head. Most you that read this are probably not familiar with the group Barlow Girl. They have a song called "Mirror" that literally had me in tears the first time I heard it. I posted it back a two years ago or so on my other blog. I thought I would post the lyrics again. I have been down on myself lately, and this song reminds us to stop looking at how the world sees us and start viewing ourselves as OUR FATHER sees us. If you view yourself that way, you can't help but have high self esteem.

"Mirror"

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, Have I got it?

'Cause Mirror you've always told me who I am

I'm finding it's not easy to be perfect

So sorry you won't define me

Sorry you don't own me

Who are you to tell me

That I'm less than what I should be?

Who are you? Who are you?

I don't need to listen

To the list of things I should do

I won't try, I won't try

Mirror I am seeing a new reflection

I'm looking into the eyes of He who made me

And to Him I have beauty beyond compare

I know He defines me

You don't define me, you don't define me