Sunday, March 26, 2006

Busy weekend

We had a very busy weekend. Some of the busy-ness was NOT intentional. Saturday morning we woke up and decided to head out to the Allen outlet stores and do some shopping. Hard to keep Jason and I away from Kenneth Cole. We picked up a few things for the baby and for Jason. Austin had a soccer game that afternoon. As you can see from the picture, he is quite the kicker (when it is not moving). After the game we came home and rested for a while. About 4:30 I decided it was time to do the much dreaded grocery shopping. I was walking through the garage and slipped on a puddle of water that I didn't know was there. Needless to say, it doesn't take much to knock someone who is 33 weeks pregnant off her feet. Jason was in the backyard and heard me fall and came running. I caught myself luckily. However, not so lucky for Jason's car. Luckily the Z made it through with no scratches. It felt like I pulled a muscle in my side, but I didn't fall on my stomach and I felt ok. I went ahead and went to the store. About 8:00 that night my stomach started to do some MAJOR cramping. You know the kind that doubles you over in pain? After about 30 minutes of that Jason and I decided it was time to call the doctor. We were pretty sure that I just had a stomach bug, but given that I had fallen we thought it was a good idea. The doctor decided to be cautious and asked me to come in. Nine o'clock last night we were headed to the hospital. The lower picture is of the boys watching a DVD on Jason's laptop in the room in Labor and Delivery. They can be so good sometimes. They ran some blood work, did an ultrasound, put the baby on the monitors for a time and just observed. My blood work came back with elevated white blood cells and the doctor was pretty sure I just had a stomach bug. Of course by the time that they decided it was ok for me to go home the boys were passed out on the couch. We made it home at almost 1 am and got everyone off to bed. We were all exhausted. I am still a little tender in my abdomen today, but otherwise feeling ok. We have our 34 week ultrasound tomorrow morning and are hoping that it shows an improvement in the placenta. I, of course, will be posting pictures if we get more.