Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Big F-I-V-E

Today Brodie turned five years old. Yes, five. It is funny, but even though Brodie is the #2 child I still see him as the baby when I talk about him. He was the baby for 3 1/2 years after all. It has been a bittersweet birthday for me. This is the first birthday I have missed of any of my kids. Austin and Brodie are on vacation with their bio dad (having a wonderful time I am sure). We will do his birthday with us when he gets home, but well, I think I am entitled to be a little sad about missing it.

So to my Brodie: I love you my baby with all my heart. I can not believe that you are already five years old and that in less than two weeks you will be off for your first day of school. It is too much for your mommy to take. You are so very funny and I love that you still like to sit in my lap and snuggle in the mornings. You are the most awesome big AND little brother. We are so lucky to have you in our lives. Mommy and Jason love you!!!!!