Sunday, December 31, 2006

Year 2006 in Review...the meme

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
I can't think of anything major for this one...I must make more of an effort to try new things this year.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make typical resolutions usually....but here is my New Year's Post for last year. I will post my goals for this year in the next few days.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
ME and Shana!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Jason's Grandpa Otto died in Nov.

5. What countries did you visit?
I didn't leave the country this year....hmmmmm that sucks.

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
More patience with those around me

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 13th...Chase's birthday. Hard to forget something like that.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
finishing out my pregnancy healthy was a big one. Also just our family dynamic in general. We have really settled into a family of our own this year. Things are cohesive and working rather well. Dallas has proved to be the right place for us...God was in control of this move.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Patience. It is NOT my strong point.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not anything major...thankfully.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My camera...though Jason actually bought it :-)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Austin and Brodie. These boys have had a lot of adjustments to make with a new brother and they have done it so easily and understandingly. (it is SO a word)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
There are too many to name. Mostly the media...

14. Where did most of your money go?
HI, I have three kids. Where do you think?

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The birth of Chase was a big one.

16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Sexy Back....inside joke with Jason.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer?
happier/thinner/richer (though not rich of course)

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
laughed, bubble baths, cuddles at bedtime with the boys, dinners out with Jason

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worry and yelling

20. How did you be spend Christmas?
Surrounded by family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I fell in love with my husband all over again many times. I also fell in love again when Chase was born. I don't think the birth of a child ever gets to be routine...always amazing.

22. How many one-night stands?
HA! Um none.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Hmmm, I guess Nip/Tuck.

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a waste of time and energy.

25. What was the best book you read?
Praying God's Word by Beth Moore. Not so much for entertainment purposes, but it was a profound book.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Jennifer Knapp...I had heard her before, but I really started to love her music this year.

27. What did you want and get?
a baby! a camera!

28. What did you want and not get?
World Peace (thank you judges)

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn't see many movies....

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26 and on my actual birthday I went to lunch and shopping with Kree. Then a few days later I had a lovely birthday dinner with Jason.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More time for myself.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Stay at home mom chic

33. What kept you sane?
my kids, my husband and prayer

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I am not much of a celebrity watcher...

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
not sure there is a specific issue that grabbed me, but just the state of politics in general. It is awful!

36. Who did you miss?
I miss my family.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Some of the folks in our Sunday school class....it is nice to really get to know some new people.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
It doesn't matter if the other person realizes you are right....it is only if God knows you did the right thing or not.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I am so blessed...." (Martina McBride)