Thursday, November 30, 2006

So that is what a housewife looks like...

Most days I have real clothes on by 8 am. Most days I brush my hair and make myself look somewhat human by 9 am. Today is not most days. It is very wintry here today, with our temps being in the high 20s/low 30s (after being 78 yesterday. Can you say SINUS INFECTION?). Last night I went and stocked up on fire logs and food. My plan is to not leave. Jason even took my car to work and is going to get Austin from school. So....imagine my surprise when I see a van pull up outside?

Company?

Today?

Wha....?

As I looked at the sign on the van I realized that we had the maintenance guys scheduled to come service our A/C and heater today.

Why is this bad? Well, I was wearing my sweats that are about 4 sizes too big (I could wear them when I was 9 months pregnant). Since they are so big I roll them about 500 times. They have brown stains that look like dog crap all over them. No, it isn't dog crap, it is cause I put them on when I dye my hair. Yes, folks, I was wearing them. I had on a faded out pretty much see through t-shirt (no bra mind you). I had not brushed my hair, I am not even sure I had brushed my teeth.

Luckily, I had time to dash into my room and throw on some jeans and a sweatshirt (and a bra!) and brush my hair quickly. He, thankfully, was taking a phone call in the van. I normally don't really care what I look like in these moments, but there is a limit to how white trashy I want to look. Even I have some dignity.