Tuesday, January 22, 2008

On the upswing...

So I mentioned recently that I have been feeling like I am in a spiritual slump. Nothing major, just out of sync. A lot of that can be attributed to the fact that we had not been attending church for a few months. In late summer we decided that we would stop going to our church 20 miles away and try to find a church closer to our house. What ended up happening was us becoming very lazy about it and then Evan was born...and well the excuses could go on for days.

Now, I am not the type of person that will say in order to be a good little Christian you have to go to church regularly. I am saying that I NEED to. I need that weekly (or more often) time to refocus my mind and my heart. Church is very important to me (Keri, leaving Element 26 was definitely a contributing factor to the slump).

That being said, I think we have found a new church. We have attended for the last two weeks and are very impressed so far. I think we will continue at this church unless something comes up that changes out minds. Things can only get better from here. I even got all the dust off my bible.