Thursday, March 15, 2007

Before I had kids...

Before I had kids I thought families with more than two children were insane. Growing up it was just me and my brother and that was fine with me. My brother and I are close in age and have always gotten along. Now that I have three of my own I realize that having more kids doesn't make you insane...it just makes your reality different. Yes, I have to FIND time for myself. Yes, I do have to sacrifice for my kids. The truth is...three has not been that different than two. Maybe it is because Austin and Brodie were out of the toddler years when Chase was born. But, for me this has been WONDERFUL. We have a very loud and chaotic house, but I wouldn't have it any other way. There are days when I want to ship them all off to boarding school (they have those for babies too right?). I would be lying if I said it was always smiles and gumdrops, but it is my life. I cherish it so much. I cherish each of my kids as individuals. They each are so different and wonderful. Not to mention handsome devils! Now, I don't think larger families are crazy...I just think they are a different kind of normal.