Thursday, July 13, 2006

Freckles



My husband hates when my makeup covers my freckles. In the summer I rarely wear much makeup and what I do wear is usually very light. Jason loves my freckles. I have a love/hate relationship with them. I like them because they are youthful and unique to me. I hate them because sometimes my skin looks uneven because of them. My son snapped this picture just a few minutes ago. I looked at it and thought...that looks like the everyday me. For that reason I almost didn't post it. Left over insecurities from 5 years of being told I wasn't good enough. I am getting over that though. I am beautiful. I do not wear a size 2 (though give me a year and I will be down), I do not always do my hair, I go out with very little makeup on, I am loud, I like to laugh, I am a goof, I am passionate, I am funny, I am a caring mother. I am me. I like me. Whenever my freckles bother me I look at my son and his freckles and think, "Darling...they are darling." Or I look at my mom and think...."Wow she looks awesome in her 40's".

This is me....

On a non-related note....God has been really working on my heart and mind lately in one area. It is a touchy subject with me. It is a painful subject...it is a hot button for me. I am not ready to disclose what it is yet...but I want to ask for prayer in it. The enemy uses this area of my life to attack me 9 times out of 10 and I want to rid him of that opportunity.

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." -- Philippians 2:3