Friday, December 21, 2007

Slacker...



That's what I have been with regards to this blog...total slacker. I feel I have good excuses, but really they aren't that good. It seems every time I sit down to write something I am called away by a child. Have you ever felt busy doing a whole lot of nothing? You know, just daily life, but nothing you could really say, "Oh today I had such a productive day." Truth is I have been feeling a little overwhelmed lately. Not by the kids, just by the tasks I need to do and that I am not getting done. Oh well...there is always the new year.

We are gearing up to head to Lubbock for Christmas. I actually am letting Austin and Brodie play hooky from school for the day as well. Today is a short school day and they are going to do nothing but watch movies, so instead I am keeping them home for slave labor. OK, not really. Truth is everyone in the house, but me is trying to get sick. Brodie threw up last night and has a sore throat, Austin has a sore throat, Jason's head is stopped up, Chase is sneezey and snotty and Evan even sounds a little nasally. It would figure! I did get a surprise last night. Jason gave me part of my Christmas early. It was too big to take with us and bring back so he just let me have it. I got a new coffee machine. It is is so cool and perfect for us since we don't drink a zillion cups of coffee a day so there is not waste. LOVE IT! Jason and I enjoyed some coffee this morning!

The boys were very excited that Santa called them last night. I have to type this fast before Austin walks in (since he can read and all). I want to share with you guys the story behind our yearly Santa calls. When I was a kid every year without fail Santa called me. It was one of the highlights of my Christmas. He would call and do the "Ho Ho Ho" bit and ask what I wanted and if I was being good. It wasn't until I was probably 16 or 17 that I found out who that "Santa" was. It was my Big Daddy (grandpa for you non-southerners). He has since carried the tradition over to my kids. I actually got teared up last night when he called to talk to them. SO awesome. Jason even thinks its cool.

So, I feel like I have a million things to share, but my bags are not packing themselves.

I hope you all have a VERY Merry Christmas. I may post a few short posts from Lubbock, but don't hold your breath!