Monday, December 03, 2007

It's begininng to look a lot like Christmas...

Our tree is up, the lights are up on the house and it is actually quite chilly this morning. All this has me in the Christmas mood. I love Christmas.

I do not, however, love what the Christmas season does to some people. People get grouchy and insane. I think a lot of it is the pressure that we put on ourselves this time of year. Our kids need the latest and greatest toys and gadgets right? We need to buy all of our "friends" something that will WOW them and make them realize how truly awesome we are, right? We need to bake the perfect cookies to take to that party, right?

NO! People you are missing the point of the entire holiday. So, I am issuing a challenge to all of my friends. Everyday for the rest of December take 5 minutes to reflect on your life. Try to remember that the latest and greatest toys do not really make your kids the happiest kids. Remember that your friends love you for you, not for the amount of money you can spend on them. Most of all remember the real reason for Christmas. Jesus...He has already given you the best gift and everything else pales in comparison.