Monday, January 08, 2007

Between the cracks...

Someone whom I love dearly is going through a life change right now. I won't talk about it here, because it is very personal and not my place. It has got me thinking though.

I have had my share of life changing, earth shattering moments. Probably more than most 26 year olds. I have never been ashamed of talking about my past because it is what it is. Most of it resulted from bad decisions made by a girl too young to realize what she was doing. Teen pregnancy, miscarriage, married by 18, separated at age 23, divorce...I have been through some stuff. Here is what I have found through all of that. In those "cracks" of life, the moments that have us down, that is where new life springs up. Some of the biggest blessings in my life have resulted from pain and suffering. Sometimes we have to be refined by fire.

Romans 8:28 has long been one of my favorite scriptures. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him who have been called according to his purpose."

You want to find life? Look in the cracks...