Thursday, January 11, 2007

Being Selfish...

I have been getting up early in the mornings and going to the gym before anyone gets up. Yesterday while I was getting ready to go Chase woke up. I decided to let everyone else sleep and just skip the gym. No biggy, it was one day. Well, this morning he did the same thing. I was VERY tempted to just give up on going again today. But, I decided that I was going to be selfish and make Jason deal with it and I went to the gym.

For the record, Jason is wonderful and never balked at the idea of having to get up with Chase so I could go. BUT, it was hard for me to walk out. It was hard for me to make Jason get up. It was hard.

But, sometimes as a Mom you have to be selfish. The mornings are the only time I can consistently work out. Especially since I am starting school next week. So, selfish it is...

By they way, THANKS to those of you that delurked already. I found some great new blogs to read in the process. And Ash, I too use bloglines and forget to comment, so I am going to try to be better too!