Friday, June 02, 2006

Big Boy



Chase and I have been keeping ourselves busy the last few days. I am already starting to miss Austin and Brodie. They may be brats, but they are mine. Anyway, Chase went in for his first checkup yesterday. MOST babies (especially breastfed ones) spend the first week of life losing about 10% of their body weight. Then by the end of the second week of life they are generally back to around their birth weight. The on going joke in my family is that I should sell my breastmilk on eBay. Why? Because I can fatten up a baby like no other. All three of my boys have so far followed this trend. Chase was 7 lbs 13 oz at birth. Yesterday at 19 days old he weighed 9 lbs 14 oz. Yup, two pound gain. The doctor was amazed. Given that he knows my oldest boys he knows that they end up skinny kids. Austin was nicknamed Buddha when he was a baby because he got chunky fast. Everything went fine with the checkup. Chase is obviously healthy and eating well. Dr. Bindra said he looked great!

My aunt treated me to a pedicure yesterday. HEAVEN! Pregnancy was not kind to my feet this go round. So it was nice to get them back to looking human. Next up is waxing the brows and doing the nails. Will be nice to feel put together again!!!

We are going to Jason's cousin's house for a BBQ tomorrow. They have yet to see the baby. We are of course all sad that Austin and Brodie will miss seeing everyone. Then Sunday we are taking Chase to church for the first time. He sleeps so much during the morning hours we figured we could at least go to class and show him off.

Sorry I have been so sparse in the posts. Chase is quite the demanding fellow of Mom's time! Not that I mind one bit. Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.